Saturday, January 26, 2013

Spicy Cilantro Lime Sauce with Sesame

Happy weekend, everyone! I have to admit I have not been to the grocery store since Monday (at least) and its been slim pickings around here. However, I did find on last sweet potato and a few parsnips for roasting up...... And this of course means I needed a sauce to pair with these yummy root vegetables.

After a deeper search, i also found the following lurking in my kitchen: cilantro, lime, and sesame seeds...... YUM,

So, into the blender went:

2T canola mayo (On a side note, I avoid soy like the plague and soybean oil is in every other type of mayo on the shelf, even the olive oil mayo. It's crazy. I use Spectrum brand canola mayo...Anyone else found soy-free mayo?)
1c sesame seeds
1/2 bunch cilantro
Juice of 1lime
Few shakes of hot sauce (I used cholula)
Salt

I blended everything together, added a small drizzle of olive oil because it tastes good with sesame, and then some water until it was the right consistency for dipping. Of course, adjust the other ingredients as necessary.

And that's it! Easy peasy!

Oh, one final note: parsnips are my new favorite veggie... Seriously. I cut into strips, removing most of the tough core, and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper (my standard MO). I roast at 400 until they are crispy.....and like magic, they become amazingly sweet little morsels of (healthy) goodness. They almost taste like apples, and may in fact inspire me to try a pork recipe or two. Even my picky eater gobbled them up! Ah, success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment